Monday, July 7, 2008

Back In Action...Finally


I want to thank those of you who diligently follow my humble little blog, for continuing to check-in even though I've been on a brief hiatus. Yesterday afternoon, after a 5 hour round-trip drive to Seward, we successfully sent the last of our family members on their way. My mom and dad caught their flight back to CA on Saturday afternoon, my brother-in-law and his family set off for an Alaskan cruise yesterday afternoon (thus our trip to Seward), and my brother and sister-in-law actually left on an earlier than planned flight back to AZ in the middle of last week.

Our house is now officially visitor-free until early August and we're going to relish the solitude for a while. We enjoyed having everyone here, but I found that it's not always a cake walk having so many different personalities under one roof. Until moving to Alaska, we had always lived within about a 45 minute drive of our families, so housing relatives for an extended period of time is a new experience for us. Eric and I have been married for almost 12 years, so it has been a while since either of us has had a lengthy amount of "togetherness" with our parents and siblings. The good news is, we all managed to survive (even though my brother tried to melt our Trex deck down, but that's a story for another day)!

I had thought about writing one long blog with an overview of the highlights of my family's visit, but instead, I've decided to draw the excitement out over the course of the week. We visited a lot of interesting local sights and learned a ton. I have some fun stories and neat pictures to share. Check back tomorrow to see the first post of what will hopefully be a "week-long series".

I had better get started on my first installment. See ya' tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph,
So happy to have you back again.We missed all the good news of Alaska.
We hear all had a great time with you guys. I was a little envious ...
JUst think-real soon you will be an aunt .We are so happy for C & B.
You all look great! And the humbug sign was a laugh for us. I know we are always happy to see company... But when they leave its time to relax.
much love

Anonymous said...

WHEW HEW! I can't wait. I'm saving my change to come visit...I want you to take me to Dutch Harbour to meet the Deadliest Catch Guys at that crusty bar.

I bet that request is like all my relatives from Penn saying they want me to take them to Hollywood like it's somewhere to visit??!
Andrea