Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Gas Commentary

O.K., I know nobody wants to read about the price of gas in their free time, but.......You see, before we moved to Alaska, I had this idea that the people living here probably paid pennies on the dollar for their gas compared to those in other states. WRONG!!!!!!

Just today, AAA put out a survey that says the average price of regular gas in Alaska is the highest in the nation, topping this month's list at $4.64 a gallon. We are followed by California and Hawaii respectively. YIKES!!!!! My intent is not to start a political commentary, I just thought that information was interesting considering the dollar and production figures we see in the papers daily with regard to oil production in Alaska.

As you can see, we're all in the same boat. Even those of us living in Alaska.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO !!
All of the pictures are really pretty. We do appreciate seeing them.. The boys were so lucky to get to be in with the skipper of the boat.. Bet they were happy about that.. Thats the way to go-see all you can as long as your there.
Gas here in Az. I just paid $ 4.07 a gal. You guys are high enough.Hope it stops there!!!
Your Dad says it is very high as you said in Ca. Love to all

Kelli said...

I was just htinking its about time for my wordless wednesday post of gas prices ..........ugggggggggg