Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to Eric

Yesterday we celebrated Eric's 41st birthday! Considering the fact that I'm so young ;), 41 sure seems old! I have to tease him, because I know I'll be there soon enough and let's be real, he gives me endless grief about random stuff everyday.

At Eric's office, they have the option of taking their birthday as a floating holiday. Since he hasn't been in the office a whole lot recently (and because we don't have any snow to do anything fun at the moment), he opted to work. We did have an enjoyable family evening though. The highlight of which, at Eric's request, was a family poker game. He just knows that when he's playing poker against a nine year-old, an eleven year-old, and me, he's sure to win. Which, incidentally, he did! We did have fun though, at least until Logan, Kaiden and I lost interest. Because he was winning, Eric could have played all night long. Imagine that!

To Eric's credit, he would be perfectly happy with no gifts and no hoopla on his birthday, but that's not my style. I had been a bit under the weather all week and I had no idea what the heck I was going to get him, nonetheless, what we were going to do. I have learned that in Alaska, when you need a gift for a guy, and all else fails, Sportsmans Warehouse is key. Entering that store creates a whole new set of issues! It's like Toys R Us for the outdoors man. If you roam the aisles long enough, you are sure to walk out with less money than you walked in the store with. Yesterday was no exception! I went in empty handed and walked out with a pair of hunting boots (he just retired his old ones after about 15 years) and a fly fishing reel.

I think it's safe to say, the birthday was a success!

No comments: