Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Am In Awe

This morning, I have been sitting in my humble home, watching the Presidential Inauguration of Barack Obama. I am in awe and I am hopeful for our great country! As of today, Barack Obama is now our President, my President. As such, I feel it is my duty to support him. I will do so, and I hope and pray that he is able to hold up to his campaign promises. It's no secret that our country needs a serious economic overhaul right now and I hope that along with Congress, Barack Obama will be the catalyst for that change and more.

I have never really felt strongly about a president, but today, I know I have witnessed history. Not because our President is African-American, but because so many people have put their faith and hope in this one man, to change the future of our country for the better. Now that's pressure for ya'!

Here's to the next four years...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too am in "awe", and yes, Barack Obama is now my President also. However, I also understand that it is far easier to "promise" what you WILL DO than it is to actually accomplish those results without causing a whole new set of problems. President Obama has promised change but will it be for the better? So far the only change I've seen is going from a Bush cabinet back to a Clinton cabinet. I'm not sure that marching in reverse is going to move us forward. I honestly hope that whatever methods he intends to use to "stimulate" the economy are better than the bailout without accountability that we have seen so far under a Bush White House and a Democratic house and Senate. God bless the United States of America.