Monday, February 11, 2008

For the record

I enjoyed my husband's first blog and I hope all of you did too. I'll have to put up a new poll to see if he gets to continue to ghostwrite on occassion or if his first attempt was his last attempt. I'll let you all weigh in later in the week.

Eric did make one comment in his blog post that has been "eating" at me. He said that "most" of what has been said in my blog in true. That's not correct, ALL of what I post is true! Where our definition of "truth" differs is in my perception of him vs. his perception of himself. I think I've been extremely kind to my dear husband in my posts so far, but apparantly he took exception to one of the posts in which I stated that he's "not perfect". So in his warped mind I wasn't being "truthful". You have to understand that Eric has a very dry sense of humor, very good self-esteem and is a legend in his own mind! As long as I (and all of you now) know he isn't perfect, I guess we don't have to tell him that I have in fact been truthful all along.

I just had to clear that up because the way I see it, I would have nothing to gain by not being truthful on my blog. I have nothing to be dishonest about. You will find that I do do crazy, airheaded things sometimes, that I have a wacky sense of humor, I'm not afraid to tell it like it is, and that sometimes I have a colorful way of viewing everyday life. You will also find that I'm fairly intelligent, my life isn't always dramatic, that I'm fun-loving, and really pretty darn normal!

5 comments:

Christy said...

No worries, I knew what Eric was talking about! Of course our own perception of things is going to color our explanations of them, so two people at the same even could record it two totally different ways. I know when I read what you write I am getting your perception. When I read what Eric writes I will get his. There have even been times on my blog when Brian has taken exception to what I have written and has had to chime in with his two cents worth.

Anonymous said...

I guess it's time to let Tim in on the action. One, because Eric is blogging about guns and two, I sense a marital rivalry brewing. Hmmm...I may want to re-think that...I don't think Eric needs any help.

Anonymous said...

Ok, Tim is in on the action. I'm not quite ready to take sides yet. I'm going to need to reserve judgement until further info is obtained. Stephanie, you need to buy a gun, too. :)

Anonymous said...

For the record...if and when this Alaska thing comes to an end, I will not be taking the .44 off your hands.
cb-b

Anonymous said...

AHH, the he said, she said thing...We ALL know who's truth is the real truth (I mean he called you the executive for God's sake) let him THINK he's right. It makes him feel better about not being in charge ;)