Monday, February 4, 2008

Random Blogging from the Watermans





We had a nice relaxing weekend, so I don't have anything fun and exciting to blog about today. Having said that, I thought I'd offer some random thoughts:

At the risk of offending some of you.........GO GIANTS!!!!!! If you read this blog long enough you will find that I do follow sports and that I usually root for the underdog. Plus, I didn't want Eli to be left out of the whole "ring thing". What's good for one brother is good for the other brother, right?

Now that I've plugged the Giant's Super Bowl win I can get on with the rest of this post...

I am so happy to see so many people have been "tuning in" to check out this humble little blog! I've been having fun doing it and I hope you all are having a good time reading it. I try to keep it on the lighter side because I figure if you're taking time out of your day to see what's going on around here you should at least kinda' enjoy the few minutes it takes to read about it.

I'm going to throw my husband under the bus right now and tell you all that he kind of thought it was a joke when I told him I was starting a blog. The first thing he said was "who's gonna' read it?" I told him my girlfriends back in California would...and I kept my fingers crossed that you all actually would so I wouldn't look like a fool. Thanks girls (and guys), you did me proud!!!!!!

When I set up the blog I put the hit counter on it simply so I knew if people were actually checking out the site. I don't really care how many people are looking at it, I was just hoping somebody was actually looking at it. When Eric was looking over my shoulder one day while I was online and saw how many hits I had, I could tell he was impressed. The best part is, unbeknownst to me, he actually reads the blog on occassion and I think he logs in more often than I do to check the stats! I go on once in a day to post and then another time or two to see if there are any comments, but he'll be on several times during the evening to see what kind of activity is going on. It cracks me up! Eric knows what day my blog has the most traffic, he knows what the heaviest traffic time is, and get this........he's now sending the blog link to his friends! Of course, he tells his guy friends that their wives will probably enjoy reading it more than they will, but obviously he doesn't hate the blog! Get this...he has even expressed interest in adding his own post now and again. What do you think, should we let him sit in as a ghost writer on occassion?

I know some of you who read this are more blog savvy than others. For those of you who don't know or who haven't figured it out yet, you can add a comment to any of my posts. It's really easy and you can do it anonymously if you choose. Just click on the "comment" link at the bottom of the post you want to comment on and you will be walked through it. You can choose not to set up an account and your comment will post anonymously so you don't have to give out personal info or be intimidated. I'd love to hear from you all when you have an opinion or comment about something I've written. I don't bite and my feeling aren't easily hurt!

Just for giggles and because several of you have asked, I've posted a couple of pictures of the inside of our house (we'll start with the living rom and dining area). Some of you may not know this, but my husband picked out this house all on his own. I'm pretty happy with it and think he did a great job selecting a house we would all like.

I also want to thank my sister-in-law Chris for mentioning my blog on her blog. Her blog is http://lovehopeandfaith.blogspot.com/ I know she wouldn't mind if you checked it out! I've been able to steal several blogging ideas from her and I appreciate that. She and my brother have been struggling with infertility and are now working on adoption, so you will find her blog touches on some interesting topics. Chris is pretty eclectic in her choice of topics, so I'm sure there is something for everyone. Check it out!

It's -8 today, just a tad bit chilly! I'd prefer a shot of whiskey, but since it's 11:20 a.m., I guess I'm off to warm up with some hot tea. UNTIL TOMORROW...




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi again, It's Chris's friend again.

It's funny as I read your blog I find us a lot alike. My husband found a house for us in Colorado on his own and it was the best house we have ever had. We are now in Chicago and it was -8 the other day here too. Yech. I stay at home too but I am not computer saavy which is why my comment is anonymous, but I enjoy your posts. It reminds me of some of my life. Take care. Laurie D.

Kelli said...

your house is beautiful. And I love your blog.

Christy said...

Hey Steph,

Do you have it set up so that you get an email each time you get a comment? Then you don't have to log onto your blog because your comments come directly to you.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the hint Chris. I just set that up. Sweet!

Anonymous said...

How very communist of you to think that because one brother won a ring the other deserves one too. You know where my football allegience lies and know I have no love for either team. I did, however, find myself rooting for the Giants as the game ran down. It was a very good game. Maybe next time the Super Bowl is in town I'll actually get to attend. Thats all for now, comrade.

Your loving brother.

Rachel said...

I like reading about Alaska, and I found you through Chris.

By the way, your husband did a great job picking the house.

grandma mayer said...

Your home looks beautiful.
And yup the NY Giants did it !!!!!
It took seventeen years.. The game was a good one .
How is the kitten doing? And whats its name?
Love to all

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph, this is so cool. I just got wind of your blog from Karen and she sent it to me. I've been reading and getting caught up on how you have settled into Alaska. I'll be checking in on ya from time to time! This is Kelly, Cody and Jared say Hi to Logan and Kaiden too!

sydney said...

hey steph,
I love the blog. Can't wait to hear your next adventure.
syd