Monday, May 19, 2008

And The Winner Is...

This weekend, our homeowner's association hosted a chili cook-off. My dear husband is fairly competitive and it wasn't good enough for him to just show up to enjoy some chili, he wanted to compete. With a little help from his dad, who provided the recipe, Eric took home the blue ribbon. He actually took home something far better than a blue ribbon. He was awarded a $100 gift card to a local nursery/gift shop, called Bell's Nursery. There are a million and one things I would like to buy there, so I'm very excited about his winnings.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, the winning chili wasn't just your ordinary, everyday, run of the mill chili. Eric's chili was caribou chili (compliments of his most recent trip to Adak) and it was FANTASTIC!!!!!! In the unlikely event you ever have some caribou you need to cook up, I'm sure Eric would be happy to share his award winning recipe with you.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Good job Eric.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to say "It's on", but how can I compete with an exotic ingredient like caribou. Maybe I'll work on perfecting a 'gator chili

Brian