Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's Party Time


HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAIDEN AND PAPA!!!!!!


May is a crazy month for birthdays in our family (my grandma, Eric's grandma, my sister-in-law, my dad, & Kaiden plus Mother's Day)! May 21 is usually extra fun though because not only is it Kaiden's birthday, but he is lucky enough to share his birthday with his Papa (my dad). It's funny because I know some kids wouldn't want to "share" their birthday with a family member, but for Kaiden, sharing the day with his papa seems to make it extra special for him.
I have an admission to make, I am a terrible daughter! This is the first year we aren't going to be with my dad for their shared birthday and I didn't even send a card! I feel guilty about it, but the mail isn't real fast in Alaska and with everything that's going on around here I neglected to get a card in the mail. I know my dad loves me anyway and we'll make it up to him at Mooses Tooth when they come to town in June.

Speaking of everything that's going on around here, I'm not really even sure what we're going to do to celebrate Kaiden's birthday. Heaven knows he has enough presents (you'd almost think it's Christmas around here), but both boys have baseball games tonight and Eric left to go to Cold Bay overnight on business. Kaiden wanted me to take him out to lunch, but tomorrow is the last day of school and they have a field day planned for today and I don't want him to miss that. The good news is, Eric is taking Friday off and we have a long Memorial Day weekend without any obligations. I think the new Indiana Jones movie is in the cards for us on Friday morning.

Tomorrow I will post a breakdown of the birthday bootie, stay tuned!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Happy Birthday Kaiden! We hope you can blow out all of the candles on your cake.

Kelli said...

Our April and my husbands family is November just like your May. Crazy crazy crazy. I wish we were going to Indiana Jones with you. But we will wait until not many are going since we have a 3 year old and a 2 year old. Well maybe we will have to get a sitter.