Friday, April 25, 2008

M.N.'s Cruel Joke




Who or what is M.N. you may ask? Well, as you could have guessed from looking at the pictures, M.N. is none other than... Mother Nature. Did I not just blog about how it was 60 degrees a few days ago? Yea, well, apparantly that was just Mother Nature's cruel joke!

The forecast today called for rain mixed with snow. There was not suppossed to be any accumulation (snow that would actually stick on the ground) until tonight, and they were predicting 3-5 inches. Well, the snow started about 8:30 this morning and it hasn't stopped yet. If you look at the picture of the deck railings you can see exactly how deep the snow is. It's already several inches deep and it's only 2:15!

Don't get me wrong, considering that we haven't been here during the summer yet, it has been the most beautiful when it snows. I love seeing the snow, but I'm ready for spring. Logan even said today, "this has been one long winter". Ahmen, brother!!!!!! As you can see, by the patio furniture and the barbeque, we mean business around here. Let's get spring rollin'!

Yesterday, I officially decided that my family will be spending Christmas in California. You can all hold me to it, I've committed. By the end of December I'm gonna' need to get the heck out of here, right along with the rest of the state. Winter was fun and we enjoyed it, but we're all ready for some warmer temperatures, for the ground to be dry and for the sun to shine. Better luck next week I suppose.

1 comment:

grandma mayer said...

I guess your saying enough is enougf to the white stuff by now.
To be honest the pictures are beautiful and it does look like a winter wonderland.
I am sure there will be times if you go back to Ca to live- that there will be something you'll miss in Alaska ....
Coming from the east I know it can make you crave for SPRING