Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Things We Do For Love

It is snowing like a son of a gun again today! At about 2:00 p.m. it was starting to lighten up outside and the snow had let up considerably. It was barely snowing and there was already several inches of accumulation on the driveway, so I thought I'd me a good wife. Rather than let the snow sit until Eric gets home from work, I thought I would be a loving wife and would go out and snow blow. I figured that if I spent the hour blowing snow this afternoon then he wouldn't have to spend the time doing it tonight. How wrong I was!!!!!



About halfway through blowing, snow started heaving from the sky! The neighbor who waved to me on his way out of his house must have thought I was an idiot! He already witnessed the snow blower run out of gas in the middle of the driveway and now I had spent about a half-hour diligently clearing snow from a driveway that was being covered with new snow faster than I could blow it away. I'm sure I was a sight! I don't have too much egg on my face though, because I've NEVER seen that man blow off his own driveway, his wife does it.



I was too proud to let Mother Nature or the neighbor get the best of me, so I stayed out there until my job was done and the original snow I had set out to blow was gone from the drive. I put the snowblower away, went in the house and stripped off my icy/wet snowgear, looked out the window and this is what my driveway looked like.........


Maybe next time we move to a snowy destination we'll reconsider the length of our driveway!

No comments: