Thursday, March 20, 2008

Freeze Frame - Part II

So, my dad went to Target in California today to see if he could find the box of Fun Noodles with his grandson's picture on it. He didn't find Logan's box, but being the big kid that he is, he continued to peruse the toy departments. Apparanlty my dad has an affinity for National Geographic brand toys, so he stopped to browse at some of them.

For some strange reason there was one particular, toy that struck his fancy, Moon in My Room. He picked up the box and proceeded to look at the packaging. While gazing at the box, my dad thought the boy on it looked a lot like Logan. He looked at it more carefully and decided... it IS Logan! How random, that by complete coincidence, my dad would come across that toy?????

Way back, even before Logan did the job for Fun Noodle, he did a shoot for a company called Uncle Milton. On this rare occasion, Eric actually took him to the shoot rather than me. Like most dads, Eric didn't ask all of the questions that I would have. When they got home and I started quizzing them all I got was that the product was a "moon phase thing" and it had something to do with the National Geographic brand (maybe).

We never know when the products are going to come out, so around Christmas (after I had done a little investigating) we started looking for a product by Uncle Milton called Moon in My Room. We found one and Logan wasn't on the packaging. The other boy that had been at the shoot was on it. We figured they must not have liked something about Logan's pictures and nixed him. Well, I guess not, little did we know they were going to re-package the product under the National Geographic name and use Logan on the box! Pretty cool.

I hope you all have some time to waste in the toy department next time you go to the store!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

my husband teases me all the time about blog this and blog that and wait I need a picture for my blog. But we have had lots of great dinners from blog friends, fun crafts ect. >>>>NOW<<<< just wait until we go to a toy store and I casually walk in that direction and low and behold, my claim to fame! I cant wait. How exciting for me, let alone for you and HIS grandpa must have been so excited to have HIS grandson on it. hehe how great!