Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Freeze Frame




You may or may not know this, but when we lived in California, my so Logan occasionally did some modeling. He has been on the boxes of several toys that have been on the shelves of stores like Toys R Us, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. I've posted a few pictures of the boxes for you to all to check out (Logan is the blonde).

Logan had a couple of jobs toward the end of last year, one was for a company called Fun Noodle (they make floating noodles for the pool) and the other was for Razor scooter (for a product called a PowerWing). Although Logan has been paid for every job he has done, there have been a couple of products where he never appeared on the packaging. He had been paid for both jobs some time ago, and I had kind of just forgotten about it.

Today, I was strolling the aisles of Fred Meyer and I happend to pass by some swim toys (trust me, I was as shocked as you are to know that swim toys are already on the shelves here in Alaska). As I passed by, the thought occurred to me that I should look to see if they had any Fun Noodles. To my surprise, they did! As I approached the box of noodles I looked down and there on the box, as plain as the nose on my face, was a pictures of my son!

I immediately went the store manager and tried to coax him out of the box. As you can imagine, there were still quite a few noodles in the box still, and he wouldn't let me have it yet. I told him if I walked away from the store without it I wasn't confident that they would actually save it and contact me to pick it up. He assured me that he would be calling me eventually and I assured him that I would bug him weekly until he caves in.

The moral is...if they have the Fun Noodles in Alaska of all places, I'm sure they have them in your state too. If you happen to pass by the swim toys it might be fun to take a look to see if you can find the Fun Noodles. When you look at the box there is a picture of a mom in a black one-piece bathing suit, holding onto a raft with some children on it. Logan is the second child from the right. He still looks pretty much like the pictures I've posted, so I'm sure you'll know which one he is. Eventually I'll make it back to the store and I'll take my camera so I can take a picture of the box. When I do, I'll post it for all to see.


By the way, I was also at Toys R Us today, they didn't have any swim items yet, but they did have the Razor Power Wing. Logan was on the box, but it was a small picture and it was taken from above, so if I didn't tell you, you wouldn't know it was him. I wouldn't wast me time seeking it out. I'm not even going to purchase that one for posterity.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

how cool is THAT!

Kandice said...

Thanks for finding my blog. Oh my heck, HOw COOL IS THAT about your son?!!! DO they let him have a couple of the toys that he models for? hehe...I will for sure have to look for him on the noodles at our Wal-Mart. I will also think of you when I am eating at The Melting Pot. Have a great day!