Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hodge Podge

I know you all found the info. on Adak Island to be incredibly fascinating, but it's now time to get back to my reality...after all, this is really my blog. Right? I don't have any specific topic for your entertainment today, so I thought I'd just write on a variety of topics.

Despite being our first holiday away from family, we actually had a very enjoyable Easter Sunday. As usual, we still painted eggs, the Easter Bunny still hid eggs, and we still had our traditional Easter breakfast (a cream of chicken soup/asparagus concoction served over english muffins with bacon on top). The difference this year was that the Easter Bunny hid plastic eggs with $.50 in each egg (rather than hiding real eggs), instead of spending the morning with family we talked to them on the phone, and we spent our afternoon/evening with Troy and Cathy's family. We had good food, good company, and the boys even got to have a second egg hunt that was orchestrated by their dad. Even at almost 9 years of age, Kaiden still does a pretty pathetic job of finding eggs. After our morning egg hunt, Eric decided that to alleviate as much drama as possible, he would create a scavenger hunt for the kids at Troy's house. He hid 18 eggs. 9 for the two big boys and 9 for the two little boys. Essentially, Eric hid the eggs and created separate scavenger hunts for each pair of boys. Obviously the younger boys were given more direct clues to their eggs and the older boys had trickier clues. All of the boys had a great time, and as planned, the younger boys came out on top for once! They couldn't have been more pleased with themselves.

This week is the first week since arriving here, that I can actually say that I have been busy. I know as moms, many of us complain if we have to work outside of the home and on the other hand, many of us who stay home complain about being home all day. I have yet to find that happy medium, but maybe someday I will be lucky enough to. Having said that, I was thrilled to see my week shaping up so nicely.

Logan's teacher asked for my help with a bulletin board and when all was said and done, I was at school on Monday from 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. I loved every minute of it! Tuesday, I cleaned upstairs in the morning and then went to the local shopping center. Today, I cleaned downstairs and then went to Bed Bath & Beyond (I love that store). It's conference week at school, so the boys were out at 12:30. I raced home to greet the boys, supervised homework and then was off to conferences. By the time we got home is was already time to start dinner. My how time flies when you're busy!

I know this will shock many of you, considering the fact that I have 1 whole pseudo-friend here (Cathy), but the best and busiest part of my week is still to come! I am going to go to Wal-Mart first thing, get my car washed, and then I'm going to work the book fair at school from 11:00-12:00. The day is going to crawl by because... at 11:16 p.m. I am going to the airport to pick up my dear friend Barbara, who is flying in from California for the weekend! I AM SO EXCITED!!! I talked to her on the phone this evening and told her I feel like it's the night before Christmas! I can't wait to have someone (other than my husband) here who really "gets" me, appreciates me, and who I can say anything to without having to bite my tongue or be politically correct around. I'm also excited to be able to share a little snapshot of our life here, with her. I have a whole fun-filled weekend planned, but you'll have to wait until Monday for the details.

Now that I'm done with my official Hodge Podge blog, I already have a topic to blog on tomorrow. I'll post again tomorrow afternoon, so stay tuned...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How fun. My friend just visited from Calif. last week (to Illinois) It was great and we just did normal girl stuff that we always did like shopping, but we were together and it was fun. Have a good time and enjoy.

Laurie D.