Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Out Damn Spot



A few afternoons ago, I walked into my bedroom and was baffled by the big "spot" that is now on the outside glass of our picture window! My best guess is that a bird flew into the glass! We have yet to find remnants of a bird and from what we can tell, the smudge is not guts. Hmmmm! When I first noticed the spot, however, there was another little spot nearby and there were a bunch of fine little feathers stuck to the window. The little feathers have blown away and now we're left with this big spot in the middle of our beautiful view.

Of course this had to happen on our second story window, so the question now is.....what to do? Do we stand on the ground and use a high powered nozzle to spray it off and then have streaks all over the window? Do we plunk down a nice chunck of change for an extra-long ladder so I can clean the window? Do I just suck it up and call someone to come out and clean all of our windows???????? Hey, maybe I'll put up a poll and you can all participate. In the meantime, has anybody tried that Windex window stuff that you attach to the hose and spray? Does it work?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried the windex stuff because my mom insisted it was great. It did work. It would probably clean whatever that is, but unless you have high power spray it may leave some stuff behind. I'm not sure that having someone come out to clean all the windows is worth it because it looks nice but after one rainy day they are dirty again.

Good Luck, Laurie D.

PS we are out of school for the summer too and it is great!

Kelli said...

we have used the windex stuff. It was "ok" on the windows, but we really used it to wash the entire outside of the house (it was siding, not wood) so it worked great for that. I think it would be your best and cheapest shot to start with

Anonymous said...

get a small ladder, wet the window and use a pushbroom to scrub it off. squeegee the water off. Done.