Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Potpourri



In the next few days we are going to start getting ready for the madness that is....family! The beauty of having moved to Alaska recently is that the whole family wants to come and explore the Last Frontier. Don't get me wrong, I am actually looking forward to everyone coming to visit, but regardless, there's still work to be done in advance. My parents will be here from June 21-July 5, my brother and sister-in-law will be here from June 26-July 5, and my brother-in-law and his family will be here July 3-July 5. Whew! We will have an empty house for close to a month and then Eric's parents will be coming to visit.

In anticipation of all of our company, the boys and I have had a fairly mellow summer so far. I figure with the cost of gas and the expense that will be involved with sightseeing, it would be better for us to wait for family to get here before we set out to explore Alaska. Needless to say, I should have a lot of good stuff to blog about in the near future.

Now for the potpourri part of this post:

  • For those of you wondering, we haven't bought a convertible yet (nor do we ever plan too), but I did give in to the gardening frenzy and purchased two hanging baskets for my front porch. Word on the street is that they will be crazy huge by the end of summer. I'm optomistic, but I won't hold my breathe! The good news is that Eric received a gift card to the local nursery for winning the chili cookoff, so no harm no foul.
  • For inquiring minds, I have yet to actually do anything about the bird "spot" on our bedroom window. I will someday soon, but for now, I'm just prolonging the inevitable.
  • As for the wild life, we haven't seen or heard anything in the past few days. I take that back, we did see a lone moose yesterday and a rabbit on our lawn. We see moose and rabbit so often they don't really count anymore. Are we jaded or what?
  • Last but not least, I will address the topic of weather. Our weather simply SUCKS! Kelli recently posted a comment that her friends from Washington thought our weather was nicer than theirs is right now. Their weather must be really terrible, because it has been cold, windy and down right dreary here in Anchorage all Spring. I think we've had two real days of sunshine since winter has ended, but don't feel too bad for me, I've had a good cry about it and now I've moved on. I have to look at the bright side, my in-laws had snow in Montana yesterday!




1 comment:

Kelli said...

we probably have the same weather, we have had maybe 2 or 3 nice days this spring. Global warming you know. hehe